Why Get Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Breast Augmentation Surgery is a surgical operation performed to enlarge the breasts for a number of reasons:
To enhance the body contour of a woman, who for personal reasons feels that her breast size is too small.
- To correct breast size that you lose during pregnancy
- To balance the size of your breast if there is a difference between the size of the breasts.
- To restore breast shape after partial or total loss of the breasts for various conditions.
- To correct or improve results of existing breast implants for cosmetic or reconstructive reasons.
How does Breast Augmentation Surgery work?
Breast enlargement is accomplished by inserting a breast implant either behind the breast tissue or partially or completely under the chest muscles. Incisions are made to keep scars as inconspicuous as possible, usually under the breast, around the lower part of the areola, or in the armpit. When breast implants are inserted during the breast reconstruction process, tissue expanders are used to stretch healthy skin in order to provide coverage for a breast implant. Breast implants are manufactured in a variety of shapes, sizes, and with either smooth or textured surfaces. The method of implant selection and size, along with surgical approach for inserting and positioning breast implants will depend on your preferences, your anatomy and your surgeon’s recommendation. The shape and size of the breasts prior to surgery will influence both the recommended treatment and the final results. If the breasts are not the same size or shape before surgery, it is unlikely that they will be completely symmetrical afterward.
Conditions that involve sagging of the breast or diminished skin tone (stretch marks) may require additional surgical procedures (breast lift) to reposition the nipple and areola upward and to remove loose skin.
What to consider before getting Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Breast augmentation or reconstruction with saline-filled implants may not be a one time surgery.
- Breast implants of any type are not considered lifetime devices. They cannot be expected to last forever. You will likely require future surgery for implant replacement or removal.
- Changes that occur to the breasts following augmentation or reconstruction with implants are not reversible. There may be an unacceptable appearance to the breast if you later choose to have breast implants removed.
- Large volume primary augmentation or revision with larger sized implants in excess of dimensional planning for your chest and breast size may increase the risk of complications such as implant extrusion, hematoma, infection, palpable implant folds, and visible skin wrinkling requiring surgical intervention to correct these complications.
If you are looking for breast augmentation surgery, contact Florida Surgery Consultants today. Dr. Raj Ambay is the best plastic surgeon in Tampa Bay and can help you get the look you want.