Plastic Surgery - Dr. Raj Ambay
Dr. Raj Ambay
When looking to get plastic surgery you want to choose the best plastic surgeon. If you are located in Florida and want to go to the best, Dr. Raj Ambay is one of the best double board certified plastic surgeons in the entire state of Florida. The main goal for Dr. Ambay is to listen to your concerns and giving you honest feedback in his explanations of what you can expect from surgery. When it comes to technology Dr. Ambay uses the most complex and advanced technologies for his patients to get the best care possible. In fact Dr. Ambay is one of the only few plastic surgeons that is able to do microsurgery in order to provide the best results.
Credentials are extremely important. Here is a list of the colleges that Dr. Ambay has attended to elevate his craft:
- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- The Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- The National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
- Northwestern University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
Dr. Ambay always wants to perform at his best and still continues to educate himself with new techniques and equipment that can help him help more patients. He is a mentor at the John Hopkins Medical School and still teaches at the University of South Florida to future plastic surgeons.
At Florida Surgery Consultants we treat a lot of patients that have been involved in car accidents. Many times plastic surgery is required due to an auto accident. Here are some of the reasons why plastic surgery is needed:
- Breast Implants rupture due to impact of airbags or seatbelt
- Facial Scarring can happen due to glass shattering
- Nose can be damaged from airbag or something in the car flying breaking it
- Motorcycle accidents can leave you with nasty scars that need to be treated
- Burns from seatbelts or airbags
- Post Surgical scarring
These are just a few ways that a car accident can call for a plastic surgeon’s help.
Why is Dr. Ambay Specialized in Car Accidents?
Specializing in microsurgery helps drastically when it comes to facial reconstruction. Dr. Ambay is able to fix and attach blood vessels which not many other plastic surgeons is able to do. He is also able to remove glass and make car accident victims look just as they did before the car accident happened.
His military experience as a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Army Reserve also gives him an advantage as he has seen the worse of the worse being the head field trauma surgeon supporting the Green Beret. Dr. Raj Ambay has served in Afghanistan and Iraq and has also received the combat action badge. He has seen the worse when it comes to trauma.